Dehumidification refers to the reduction of moisture in a body of air or gas. Usually done for comfort reasons or health, or to get rid of musty odor and hinder mildew growth by removing water from the air. Moisture control in various industries is very important. The principal types of dehumidification include:
- Adsorption based desiccants: these systems make use of an adsorbent desiccant substance such as activated alumina or silica gel to decrease the moisture content in air without the material undergoing any physical or chemical change.
- Compression: the temperature at which air condenses or the dew point is raised as the air is compressed.
- Absorption based desiccants: these systems make use of an absorbent substance like calcium chloride to absorb moisture through chemical change in the structure of the substance.
- Mechanical based dehumidifiers: they use chilled water or vapor compression system.
Dessica is a professional in the dry air technology and its industrial uses for dehumidification and drying. It has well-developed knowledge in suppling innovative solutions suitable for the dry air needs of the manufacturing processes.
This technology can be successfully applied in various industries such as:
1. Food processing
The control of humidity levels in food processing plants workshops is very important. Dehumidifiers deliver dry, cold and sterile air that provides a lot of benefits in the working environment.
2. Industrial pastries and bakeries
Dehumidifiers are beneficial in the bakeries’ section especially during the manufacture, packaging and storing stages of most products by giving a dry atmosphere hence resolving most common challenges.
3. Spray drying process
Industries using spray drying towers face challenges including seasonal and external variations of the automation drying towers. These systems help achieve stable and constant intake conditions.
4. Chemical industry
Control of airborne contaminants in the chemical industry is both a challenge and a requirement. Dehumidifiers make achieving dry rooms possible which is the answer to the challenge.
5. Pharmaceutical industry
Dehumidifiers give dry air during the production and packaging stages of most pharmaceutical products.
6. Storage and preservation of seeds
These systems allow effective control over the required dry air conditions during seeds storage.